Thursday, March 29, 2012

If I could ask God one question

Its not if I would like it all or if my life would be easy or if I would hit the lottery or any of those selfish crazy things that we think are the meaning of life no I would ask but one thing do I get to marry the woman I will love all my life. Trust me I understand the gravity of the question tell me if that was the one thing you wanted to hear in life the definitive answer making all the difference from the second those syllable are uttered.

What if God says NO…


How would you handle that? I know deep down in my heart just knowing yes or no would make all the difference I am losing my mind over it I thought twice in life I had someone that wanted to love me but twice they said it they felt it they simply didn’t want it. I don’t blame either of them I wouldn’t want to be married to someone that didn’t think the sun rose and set with me either. Now can you see I never brought into this equation happiness or religion not finances not easy? No what I care to know is do I marry the woman ill love for the rest of my life. Ya of course I could have said for ever ya it’s a nice concept I’d love to believe it I truly would like to be with my eternal soul mate but I really can’t say I wouldn’t just be happy with loving this person for the rest of my life. I know I don’t stand a great chance of making it into my 80s I like to live life I like to do some things that not everyone would. I don’t have a death wish but death comes for all of use I just sit closer to the door then some. I like any normal person want to play the odds role the dice I play the lottery yet I play the lottery with more then tickets. I don’t mind rolling the dice when I can lose even a little or maybe a lot. I do hope that the people in my life that love me know that I am fully aware that I like playing with fire just like when I was a kid I liked it then I like it now.

Its one of those things as a man I hope changes with growing older that kids and a stable healthy long relationship makes me more reserved in my risks. I’ve always said I’m a terrible fighter because I don’t care about winning just winning has never motivated me. I have a low quit quotient for frivolous things I have always believe it’s just me being mature and wise knowing what life is truly worth. Really it might be that its just cowardice being disguised as wisdom. Maybe when they put a rifle in my hand I wont fallow or give orders, maybe when I get my first call or my hundredth I’ll pull my scot pack on and wont go in the door seeing fire poor out of the windows above or I pull up on a three car accident I wont let go of the door handle, I wont get off the rig that day. Maybe I am week of mind body and spirit but I won’t know tell that day. For today I want to risk it I want to push for what I believe will lead me to be that man I want to become. I know the cost are high if something where ever to go wrong I may lose more then I ever dreamed and I would hurt everyone I know. I lost one friend to the war our country is fighting. As well someone I care bout lost her brother after he got home from fighting that war telling someone here in our country to respect our laws our heritage and our country, that boy took that young officers life. So I see now the gloves are off so why not take the bull by the horns even if the bull tramples the hell out of you. Someday I hope to ride a bull just to say I did it just because its something that could be done.

So simply if I could ask God one thing all I want to know do I get to marry the woman I will love all my life?





Creative Commons License
Any Writings by Zachary S Wilson by Zachary S Wilson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at university of montana western undergrad.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at 77zachwilson@gmail.com.

2 comments:

  1. You marry your best friend. You marry that one special girl that when you wake up, you just don't want to leave. The girl that steals your heart away in just one look. But most of all, get to know them very well..well enough you could tell them anything at all. You'll know when it's the right one. She may or may not even have to tell you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well said sounds like your talking from experience. thank you for commenting I hope you like my works as well id love to read any you may have. ill take you words as good advise.

      Delete